Wednesday 10 November 2021

Critics

 Tommy Honey

Tommy Honey is a director, designer, educational manager, architectural critic, cultural commentator and occasional architect. He has worked in the theatre, taught architecture and design, directed a Film School and been CEO of an Art & Design college. Tommy was for a long time the resident urbanist on Radio New Zealand’s Nine-to-Noon and he is currently undertaking a Masters in emergent and disruptive technology at the Tech Futures Lab where he is investigating disruption in housing

 

Sara Zwart

I have over 18 years of experience in architecture, landscape architecture and urban design. Since graduating with an honours degree in architecture, I have worked on a wide range of projects across these disciplines in Wanaka, Canterbury, Wellington and Auckland.

My projects seek to engage and align multiple internal council and external stakeholders around a common purpose and vision for urban regeneration of green infrastructure. I specifically work on the Awataha Greenway in Northcote and the Puhinui Stream in Manukau.

Prior to joining Panuku, I was Studio manager and a Landscape Design Lead at Jasmax for ten years. During this time, I worked on a range of landscape architectural projects. In recent years focusing largely on the areas of transport, green infrastructure and campuses.

I have an ongoing passion for sustainable and regenerative urban and landscape design and am actively involved in promoting this both through my project work and involvement with a network of regenerative design practitioners.

I believe that effective integrated design practice, and early stakeholder engagement is instrumental to the success of place-based and regenerative design outcomes. This interest has been further enriched by my understand and respect of Te Ao and Te Reo Māori. I value close collaboration with mana whenua and believe we all share a role of kaitiakitanga for this precious land.

 

 

John Bentley Chapman           

Consulting Engineer & Timber Building Researcher

Most of my research has been in the field of timber structures and their environmental benefits.

A big challenge for NZ is to find new ways to add value to pinus radiata timber before it is exported. To this end I have joined with Industry and investigating possible new areas of use for pinus radiata.  Recently, my work has been looking into various new ways that radiata timber can be considered as the main structural elements in commercial and industrial building.  Even though this is a new field of research in New Zealand, it is well under way in Europe. The challenge to researchers is to develop sufficiently strong and reliable joints using the timber and technologies available in New Zealand. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment